Friday, September 3, 2010

Batman and The Phantom (Part Three)



Here's the finale of the Phantom trilogy. I was really inspired by this pairing and would love to see a true crossover some day.

I checked out the SyFy Phantom movie which I think is supposed to become an ongoing series. Playing on the generation aspect of the character, a new descendant of Kit Walker is asked to take up the mantle. The show itself wasn't bad, but I felt they made a real misstep with the costume. After a quick scene dissing the classic version, we are introduced to the updated version and it is a monstrosity. I guess I can understand what they were trying to go for, using realistic type battle gear, but it is clunky and ugly - a strange cross between a football uniform and a beekeepers uniform. I hope they tweak it if the show goes to series.

8 comments:

Mike D. said...

Awesome....yes an official team up would be cool. Maybe someone can talk to Alex Ross about it and he can get the ball rolling and pull some strings....but we're talking...CLASSIC - Aparo style Bat Man and Phantom

Ed Catto said...

Another beauty! By the way - you've really inspired us. Check out this:

http://tinyurl.com/27kse2d

We realize we are simply novices and you are the master, but hope you appreciate our efforts. The sincerest form of flattery and all that.
(And if this isn't the most shameless way ever to say "Please create a Captain Action Brave and the Bold" I don't know what is!

diana green said...

Very nicely done!
But i still say that a Don Newton pairing would be better, since he also drew both characters and drew the ultimate Phantom!
Maybe I'll dig out some issues and have a go...
oh, and my regular requests: Nexus, Badger, Herbie!

Ross said...

Ed - Great Captain Action cover! I actually tried to do one with him and never got it to work. He did make a cameo on the All New Outsiders cover though.

Ross said...

Diana - One of those requests is about to be fulfilled... twice!

Zoinks! Graphics said...

4 years later, Part 2 & 3 pics are the same...?

Ross said...

Not any more - check part 2 again...

Phantom - Leghost Who Walks said...

I really liked this crossover. I made a Lego hommage : https://www.facebook.com/1422116121426346/photos/a.1422118918092733.1073741828.1422116121426346/1493066800997944/?type=3&theater
Thanks again for your fantastic work !

Support STF: The Lost Issues!