Monday, September 20, 2010

Batman and Captain Action



The Caption Action action figure must have come out just before my time, because I don't remember ever actually seeing one for sale. I was, however, fascinated by the ads I would see in comics that I would read and thinking that it was a very cool concept. I mean, here was a guy who had the skills to impersonate Batman, Superman, The Phantom, Captain America, Aquaman, Sgt. Fury, The Lone Ranger, and more! even back then I thought it was cool that a character could cross so many company lines! With all of the rights issues involved, its probably something that we will never see the likes of again.

There's a great site featuring Captain Action celebrating his old and new adventures, check it out: http://www.captainactionnow.com/

7 comments:

Ed Catto said...

Wonderful! Here at the A.C.T.I.O.N. Directorate - we're getting a bunch of emails telling us about this! Just great- many thanks.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool!

-Mike Bullock

Ed Catto said...

Now we need Batman and Lady Action! Or the new Savage Beauty.

Rick Lucey said...

I was one of those kids that had many Captain Actions and what fun they were. I had the Batman costume you show in your image. Fun times and a few years ago they cam out again.

Anonymous said...

If only he could/would impersonate Spidey and Daredevil, as well. :-(

Glenn said...

Wow how did I miss this one!

Rick Lucey said...

They did have a SPIDER-MAN Captain Action but no DAREDEVIL one.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!