Sunday, July 27, 2014

Captain Kirk on the Planet of the Apes



Once again a fantasy concept from STF: The Lost Issues has turned into reality!  I originally had this cover slated for a couple of weeks from now, but I decided to move it up in the rotation due to the announcement that publishers IDW and Boom Studios are teaming up to present a Star Trek/Planet of The Apes comic.  That sounds very cool, it will be great to see the two worlds collide.

The Apes are really on a roll - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a commercial and critical hit, and deservedly so.  I loved how the film expanded on the set up from Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and really turned up the tension.  It did a great job of presenting realistic and believable motivations for all the characters, even the villains.  The special effects were once again top notch and the directing provided a visual feast to go with the thought provoking narrative.  I can't wait for the next installment!

10 comments:

AirDave said...

I wonder if Kirk will say, "Damn dirty apes!" Ha! I still have to pick up the Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover...

Anonymous said...

Bet he will try to bag a monkey girl before he leaves.

Diabolu Frank said...

I hope Kirk gets to team up with Taylor. It's not just about loving the Apes, y'know! Great concept, though.

Anonymous said...

The only thing that slightly "disappointed" me about DOTPOTA was the fight with the CGI grizzly bear. It really should have faced off against one of the gorillas!



Lee Houston, Junior said...

(Since my first attempt didn't succeed)
Ross: You said "once again"?
Please refresh my memory.
What previous concepts have become reality?

Ross said...

Scooby Doo/Man-Bat

LEEE777 said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

If Dr. Zaius was freaked out by Taylor, how would he react to Kamandi, Dr. Canus, Tuftan the tiger prince, and Ben Boxer?

Lawrence EdwardLay said...

I think a Planet of the apes crossover should be done with Star Wars not Star Trek.

Carycomic said...

@Lawrence: may the "Furs" be with you.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!