Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Batman and Mera



With so few female characters in comics that aren't simply feminine versions of pre-existing male characters, it has been a shame how under-utilized Mera has been, especially with her cool hard water powers. Fortunately, it seems that Geoff Johns agrees with that, because he gave Mera her biggest spotlight in decades in the Blackest Night mini-series. She is continuing to stay in focus with the current bi-weekly Brightest Day series as well. Hopefully a new Aquaman series will follow and she will be able to continue to shine.

Once again, I am glad to be able to provide a cover that is 100% Aparo artwork. His run on Aquaman is the best that character has ever looked, in my opinion.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE! i love the Aquaman characters. speaking of which, two requests (one related and one unrelated)... first off, related: Black Manta; and unrelated: Havok (in the classic costume, if possible).

Ross said...

Well Black Manta does appear on the Aqualad cover I posted a while back...

Sphinx Magoo said...

I think I recall Mera showing up in some of the reader requests for Batman team-ups back in the day. I always got the feeling the editors were never sure what to make of that one...

Another one which showed up a lot was Mon-El from the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Chris K said...

Ah! The "Burn in Hell" tombstone cover! First Batman comic I ever bought. I was so confused (at age 5) that Batman was "dead." I told my Grandfather about my concern over this, and he just said "he'll be back." Wise man...

Support STF: The Lost Issues!