Saturday, October 7, 2017

Green Lantern and Hellboy


Hellboy is going to have a cinematic reboot, which kid of surprised me.  I had enjoyed the two Guillermo Del Toro films, but neither was a huge box office hit.  The image released of David Harbour in full Hellboy make up looks good, if not all that different from the Ron Perlman version.  This new take is supposed to be darker and less jokey than the other films.  It will be interesting seeing just how different it will be from what has come before, and whether that's a good or bad thing.

5 comments:

Carycomic said...

Undeniably, a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, all I know, for sure, is that I never would've figured these two for a team-up. Nice going! :-)

Jay Johnson said...

Ok, I found the Action Comics Weekly cover for the GL half of the this. Great to see Mignola's take on mainstream heroes. I assume the giant arm & hand holding Hellboy wasn't colored green in the original version of that cover. Great work as usual!

Ross said...

Yeah, Hal Jordan is always creating giant hands with his ring so I figured it would make for a good fit.

Glenn said...

I like the Hellboy movie and what is unusual for me I rarely see comic based movies unless I read the books. I even made my daughter read the Harry Potter books before she could see movie (Technically I'd read them to her but she got tired of slow pace and just read them herself).

I really liked the cast and mood of the movie and I am unsure if I want to go thru another reboot - I wanted to see when the 2nd movie was going next!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!