Friday, April 10, 2015

The Phantom on the Planet of the Apes



Some felt that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a bit too dark of a sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but I found myself enjoying it quite a bit.  I liked how the film resisted taking sides, and showed that while most humans and apes wanted to live in peace, it only took a few malcontents in each faction to stir up fear and anger.  The motion capture was amazing again.  I look forward to seeing what else is in store for future sequels.

5 comments:

AirDave said...

I will probably "Trade-Wait" on the Star Trek-The Planet of the Apes crossover...

"Dawn" was quite good, I was surprised by James Franco - "acting!" So, I am excited to watch the sequel.

I still have a soft spot for the Tim Burton-Mark Wahlberg version...

I need to re-watch all the classic Apes films...

Anonymous said...

The next one will probably be a British soof: "Shawn of the Planet of the Apes."

Seriously, though: the art work--as usual--is superb. But, I can't truly imagine the Phantom bowing before _any_ evolved ape! Unless, maybe, it was a sexy she-ape. Like, say, Zira dressed like a belly dancer?*

*Everyone else quickly yells "EWWWWWW!" while making crucifixes with their fingers.

Tiago R. Lima "Mad Max" Andrade said...

Early Brazilian editors (think '50s-'70s) used to switch Phantom's costume to red because the printers of the time couldn't properly print the color purple. However, this is the first time I see his costume made blue!

Anonymous said...

Interesting blend of genres! How about the Phantom vs. Zen the Intergalactic Ninja, next?

Anonymous said...

@1st Anonymous: maybe Gen. Ursus is using the Dark Side of the "Furce."

Support STF: The Lost Issues!