Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Captain America and Liberty Belle



I remember being intrigued by the line-up of the All-Star Squadron after that series ended its first issue.  It was a mix of JSAers that I was familiar with, a serious Plastic Man, a few classic characters I remembered from reprints (Robotman, Johnny Quick, Shining Knight) and a couple of other heroes that I knew very little about.   It was good that writer Roy Thomas was able to fill in the histories of some of comicdom's first crimefighters, and I enjoyed reading the exploits of Liberty Belle and Firebrand as much as the Earth-Two A-listers that went in and out of the title. I am glad that Liberty Belle became a part of DC's legacy concept with her and Johnny Quick becoming the parents of contemporary hero Jesse Quick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She would probably discover that the "dead" Cap was impersonated by a Space Phantom from Immortus' Limbo.

AirDave said...

:D
I followed All-Star Squadron for a number of reasons: 1) The JSA; B) The Golden Age/WWII; D) Roy Thomas...Oh and Jerry Ordway's art!!! I loved his take on The Golden-Age! It would be cool to see a real JSA/Invaders WWII story!

Jeff Nettleton said...

I haven't seen this one; but, how about Captain America and The American, from Dark Horse?

Ed said...

Roy Thomas was great! DC needs to restore it's legacy in continuity already.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!