Monday, August 25, 2014

The Spectre and Ghostbusters



With the untimely passing of Harold Ramis, I figured that the rumors of a third Ghostbusters film would finally cease, but that does not seem to be the case.  There is still chatter about a new installment, with the remaining members handing off the reigns to a younger team.  Some say the group will be filled with contemporary comedic stars, and some say an all-female group may be in the plans.  I love the first movie, and the second - while not perfect - has grown on me... but something tells me that just too much time has passed and it is time to let the sequel dream go.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think it will be very hard to recapture the magic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so freaky, it was only the other day I was thinking if you had done a Ghostbuster/ Spectre cover. Now you have.

Bob Greenwade said...

I actually kind of liked the "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon series where Egon supervised a bunch of young pups, and I think it would work really well if the new crew was based on them. A full counter-adaptation wouldn't be practical since Egon was Ramis' character, but in principle I think it would be a fun idea, especially if the producers went the "contemporary comedic stars" route.

Second choice would be to have the new team leader played by Masi Oka.

Tom said...

Too much time has passed, but as we know, Hollywood has been very into recycling old ideas the past fifteen years or so, or outright remaking old (and not so old) movies. It would go over like the Indiana Jones sequel which shall not be named, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they made it anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think you're right, Ross. Two times will have to be the charm, this time.

jrp04f said...

Wow! I thought of a "Ghostbusters" remake with Oka -- taking on Dan Aykroyd's role -- too! Hmmm, Vince Vaughn or Seth McFarlane as Peter?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!