Thursday, January 30, 2014

Batman and Wolverine in "Death in the Danger Room!"



I recently watched The Wolverine, and while not perfect, I felt like it was a major improvement over X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  The role of Yukio is well cast, and I would be happy to see her in future installments. Even in his fifth outing, Hugh Jackman still does not seem bored by the role, and that's a good thing - his devotion helps make up for the fact that he is at least a foot and a half too tall to be playing the character.  I liked the smaller, more personal stakes in the film and all the nods to Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's character-defining mini-series.

4 comments:

AirDave said...

:)
Which Robin is this? Jason Todd or Damian Wayne? Is Batman racing in to take Robin to be revived at the Lazarus Pit? What does he have in his utility belt to defeat Wolverine? This being the Danger Room and all...is this a false image?

I only picked up the first issue of the original Wolverine mini-series.

The movie was pretty cool. The ending was a bit predictable. But then, most films follow a strict formula, which makes them predictable. I still enjoyed it. I can;t wait for Days if Future Past.

Bob Buethe said...

Hey, Ross! You ever consider doing anything with Classics Illustrated covers?

Ross said...

I checked them out but nothing sprang to mind. maybe one of these days...

Ross said...

Actually, now that I look at that link, I do have an idea for a potential cover...

Support STF: The Lost Issues!