Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Human Torch and Starman



I have always been a fan of Johnny Storm, but I have to say that I always thought that the original Human Torch was cooler looking than his Silver Age successor   His flames were usually illustrated a little wilder and his featureless face when flamed on made him look very foreboding.  While the wisecracking Johnny made the reader comfortable with a man on fire, the more inhuman depiction of Jim Hammond made it clear that this was a guy you did not want to get too close to!

5 comments:

Jeremy355 said...

Awesome cover as always. Love the Ted Knight and Jim Hammond characters, especially when written by Roy Thomas.

Bob Greenwade said...

This is another cover whose story I'd be very interested in reading.

Russell said...

Love the design of this mash-up! Nice work!

Ross said...

Thanks, I like doing the golden age covers and there will be more to come.

artemus dada said...

Very nice work !

Support STF: The Lost Issues!