Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Flash and Ghost Rider



For the fastest man on Earth, The Flash is sure taking a slow road to the silver screen.  I have heard rumors of a film for years, but nothing solid ever seems to materialize.  I used to think that he would be one of the harder characters to set a movie around because of his bright costume and outlandish rogues, but we have seen colorful costumes work well on screen and today's special effects could really make some of his adventures come to life.  The 90's TV series went for a darker, street level look inspired by the 1989 Batman movie, but what I would like to see is a true Flash style adventure.  Heck, Rise of the Planet of the Apes convinced me that we could see a Flash Vs. Gorilla Grodd movie that wouldn't be played for laughs.

6 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cool-ass cover, cool-ass concept, and very funny, but obvious title. Love how you seamlessly blended those two images together despite the different art styles.

Awesome job my man!

And yeah, the Flash seems like such an obvious and fun concept as a movie property you'd think it would've already been done. The technology and fx are there for it, but so far no go.

Anonymous said...

I used to really like the live action Flash series and would LOVE to see him in a film (either Wally or Barry, I kinda like 'em both for different reasons).

This pairing reminded me of Amalgam's Speed Demon... Ah for the days when companies would actually consider a friendly cross-over.

-Mea

Anonymous said...

star-lord and rocketeer and star-lord adam strange crime syndicate vs squadren supreme

Tony Isabella said...

Jughead and, well, anybody. Richie Rich and, well, anybody. Jerry Lewis and/or Bob Hope and, well, anybody. I'm weird this morning.

Ross said...

I have a cover featuring Jughead that falls squarely into the weird category coming in the mid 300's... I will be featuring other Archie and Harvey characters on covers as well.

Justin S. Davis said...

I'm both a huuuuuge Flash fan, and Marvel Horror fan, and it made my day.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!