Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Swamp Thing and Doctor Strange



The past week there have been reports that Gullermo Del Toro is interested in directing a film called Heaven Sent, which would feature DC's stable of supernatural characters - Swamp Thing, Deadman, Constantine, The Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, The Demon and so on.  I fondly remember the epic storylines that Alan Moore would write with these mystical stars during his Saga of the Swamp Thing run.  This almost sounds too good to be true so I am not holding my breath at this point.  But with the Success of The Avengers, I guess anything is possible - and if such a film is indeed in the planning stages, Del Toro is just about the perfect choice.  Let's hope this becomes a reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comic book movie rumors are so prevalent that I never believe 'em until I see 'em...no matter how badly I wish they were real. Hell, I'm still waiting for the She-Hulk movie that was announced in the early '90s or so.

Heaven Sent would be cool, though. I think I would almost rather see a film about B-list supernaturalists Shadowpact--Enchantress, Ragman, Detective Chimp, Blue Devil, Nightshade, etc. They were a hell of a lot of fun.

--J/Metro

artemus dada said...

Great cover (and very good idea).

Support STF: The Lost Issues!