Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tarzan and Shanna, The She-Devil



The latest I have read on the next Tarzan movie is that Warner Brothers has signed on David Yates to direct.  Yates helmed the last four Harry Potter films, so he knows his way around a major franchise at least.  Special effects have taken a major leap since the last live action Tarzan film, so I am very curious to see how this turns out.  No actor has been selected yet, but I have read names like Alexander Skarsgard and Charlie Hunnam being considered.  Hopefully we will hear more soon and that Hollywood will finally do this iconic hero justice.

9 comments:

artemus dada said...

You are a genius, awesome !

Anonymous said...

not much a tarzan fan but i say this looks cool id like to read it

Isaac said...

Is that a J.L. Garcia cover? The figures sure look like his. How about teaming Shanna with Rima the Jungle Girl? Or Namorita and Dolphin?

Ross said...

Yes that's JLGL. I like Dolphin and Rima, but there aren't a lot of images to chose from. Maybe one of these days though...

pblfsda said...

I thought that all the ERB properties were bought outright by Disney around 2000, right before Tarzan's 100th anniversary so that they could do the animated movie (and TV series). Do they just not trust themselves after the John Carter movie lost so much money? I know that Dark Horse is still doing Tarzan comics and they haven't switched them to Marvel yet, but are they just renting out the movie rights to Warners?

Mike D. said...

Hey Ross...I'm sharing...if you do not mind. I'm posting this on my "SHANNA the she devil: Jungle blog"...if you say...take it down I will. But YOU are gettin' full props.

Ross said...

Cool, I don't mind at all as long as you include a link to braveandboldlost@blogspot.com

Mike D. said...

Done...Thank you Sir.

Wildcat said...

Never tire of Shanna! Nice blending effect.

I think a team up with Shanna and Jon Sable might be interesting. Have them tracking down a kidnapped Misty Knight in Africa with a very familiar 70's movie caption... "Play Misty For Me!" The Next Scream They Hear Could Be Their Own.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!