Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Martian Manhunter Vs. The Human Torch



I remember being fascinated by the Fantastic Four cartoon that was part of  The Amazing World of Hanna-Barbera.  I had seen the Super Friends, but this was something different - it was the first time I had seen a cartoon show that adapted actual stories from the comics.  Add in the Kirby design work and it was like a comic book coming to life.  Unfortunately, the FF was part of a rotating cast on the show and I only caught a few episodes.  It would be decades before I tracked down some shaky VHS copies and was able to see all the episodes (and I'm still waiting for a nice DVD/Blu-Ray collection).  I remember being excited  when I heard the FF was returning to Saturday mornings a few years later, but to my dismay there was no Human Torch in the new version due to a rights dispute.  It took a long time to see Martian Manhunter on the small screen, but he has made up for it by appearing on multiple shows since his debut on Justice League.

5 comments:

Hoy Murphy said...

This is inspired! Next: Green Lantern vs. Yellowjacket and Whizzer.

Hoy Murphy

Anonymous said...

That's really cool!

Mitchell Craig said...

Looks like it would be a short fight.

Two panels, to wit:

Panel One: Johnny Storm says, "Flame On!"

Panel Two: J'onn J'onzz exclaims, "Eek! Fire!" and faints.

Comics, everybody.

xrayspecs21 said...

Awesome Silver Age flavour to this one! One of my very favourite of all of your fine efforts!!

Bob Greenwade said...

Despite the previous remarks to the contrary, I think this could actually make for an interesting match-up, in the "heroes fight and then team up" tradition (with an actual Skrull waiting nearby, probably with some White Martians).

Very nice job.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!