Monday, March 7, 2011

The Thing and Plastic Man



Plastic Man is such a great, iconic character. I have to say though, that efforts to integrate him into the mainstream DCU have never quite seemed to work for me. The cartoony world he inhabits clashes with the likes of the Justice League. I think he, like the Shazam family, is better served by having his own reality to have adventures in, with only the occasional crossover with the other DCU characters. I must say that I did quite enjoy the Kyle Baker Plastic Man series, that was a lot of fun and captured the whimsy of those classic Eel O'Brian tales from the golden age.

I read a rumor a while back that Joel McHale might possibly be playing Plastic Man in an upcoming film.... I'm not sure if there's any truth to that but it sounds like pretty good casting to me!

2 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

I liked the idea that Alex Ross picthed in some of his work that Captain Marvel and Plastic Man were either founders or early memebrs along with Green Arrow. Now that's a retrofit I could go along with! Better than the Wonder Woman-Black Canary or Hawkman fiascos.

It would be interesting to see them as part of the JLA origin, or early adventures, when things were very Silver Age and not as dark as the Modern Age.

With the FF on film and close to a reboot, it's only a matter of time for a Plastic Man film. I'm surprised the one hasn't been made to capitalize on the popularity of The Mask...

Carycomic said...

One wonders if Reflecto later tried to avenge this defeat by framing Woozy Winks as leader of the Yancy Street Gang?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!