Friday, March 4, 2011

The Thing and Manhunter (Kate Spencer)



I got a request for this one today and thought I would give it a shot. I did not pick up the latest Manhunter series, but I had read a lot of good things about it. I finally got to read some of Kate Spencer's adventures through guest appearances in Birds of Prey and as a backup feature in Detective Comics, and I quite liked the character. I like the origins of her very functional costume as well as her ties to heroes from DC's past. I'll definitely have to check out some of the TPB's of her solo series. Is it collected in full?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

outsiders or the outsiders also phantom stranger or the phantom stranger

Ross said...

Outsiders have already appeared (twice) and Phantom Stranger will show up eventually!

Anonymous said...

but i dont remember the thing with them

Anonymous said...

i do recall now it was with batman and outsiders with thing my mistake sorry

Russ Burlingame said...

The actual MANHUNTER title is fully collected, as far as I know, although the backup features from BATMAN are not. Which is a shame, as the hefty cover price mixed with my lack of interest in the lead story prevented me from picking up STREETS OF GOTHAM, so I'd really appreciate if it were.

LAWREVIEW said...

Would consider the "Battle of the Planets" G-Force? I would actually prefer to see them teamed up with Batman, but it would be fantastic to have Thing, Batman, and the whole cast of characters of Battle of the Plants (even Seven Zark Seven!) on a cover!

Carycomic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carycomic said...

Did Kate Spencer get surgically altered or was her mind telepathically transferred into a Paul Kirk clone?

Carycomic said...

Or is "Kate Spencer" simply an alias briefly being used by the visiting Paula Kirk of DC Earth 11?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!