Saturday, February 28, 2015

Brainiac Vs. Doctor Doom




Why we have had six Superman movies without introducing Brainiac is beyond me.  I thought for sure that Zach Snyder would take a page from Superman: The Animated Series and set up Brainiac for future films in the Krypton sequences in Man of Steel, but if he did, I didn't notice.  There have been rumors that Brainiac will be the big bad in the Justice League films, but no confirmation on that yet.  Maybe DC/Warner Brothers are waiting to see Avengers: The Age of Ultron before they make a final decision.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think DC should use Darkseid. If they use Brainiac, they should at least start with Silver Age version. If the use this one, it will look too much like they are copying Marvel and Ultron. I like this Brainiac, though, he's "my Brainiac". I didn't get really into comics until post-Crisis Superman.

Anonymous said...

Got the way of all flesh? Is Braniac flirting with Doom? I'm rooting for you two!

Bob Greenwade said...

Anonymous caught the "typo alert" I was going to post. :)

And I agree with Jesse about Brainiac, except of course that the Silver Age one is "my" Brainiac (the one I grew up knowing).

And there are so many other great Superman villains besides Luthor, Zod, and Brainiac. Metallo and Bizarro ought to show up in a movie some time, Parasite has some potential, and Mxyzptlk isn't beyond possibility.

Anonymous said...

At this point, I'd even settle for the Warlock (from the 1960's Filmation cartoon) rather than another version of Luthor!

Scott said...

Bob Layton sure draws a nice Doom.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!