Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Blue Beetle Vs. The Lizard

 

I finally checked out the Blue Beetle movie, and I thought it was OK.  I probably would have been more impressed with it 10-15 years ago, but at this point I felt like I had seen most of the story beats done before in other superhero flicks.  The very generic villains did not help.  I did like Jaime and his family though, and some of the effects were fun to watch, especially with the Bug ship.  I liked the nods to Ted Kord, but wonder if the mid-credits scene concerning him will ever be followed up on.  Blue Beetle is supposed to be one of the few characters that well be crossing over into James Gunn's new DCU though, so I suppose there is a chance.  Maybe in the proposed Booster Gold series?

11 comments:

Carycomic said...

The way Hollywood is, today, post-SAG-AFTRA strike? Expect it only when you finally see it, Ross. That way, you won't be disappointed. Although, perhaps "disappointment" isn't the right word. More like...

...dis-Kord!

Detective Tobor said...

Then, they could have Ted in his early days, driving around in a VW Beetle!:-)

simon said...

nice to see a non Ditko Blue Beetle… Ted has been a Fun and a serious character, though Mr.Conners desire to regain his arm in these days of prosthetic limbs makes him appear quite dated, he could ask Cable for a recommendation…

Glenn said...

Maybe the Lizard needs to find missing appendix support group.

Excellent cover.

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Is it just me or does Ted's comment sound more villainous than the Lizard? That might be an interesting story.

Chuck Patton said...

LOL! Just when I thought I'd seen the last of me in here!

Ross said...

Never! Your awesome art always inspires!

Anonymous said...

@Glenn: Maybe he should look in the index under "appendages."

This slight grammatical correction brought to you by Sesame Street's favorite dinosaur: Roget The Saurus!

Carycomic said...

@Bob Greenwade: please hit this guy upside the head with a day-old cookie!

Anonymous said...

@Carycomic: why? It's certainly a better pun than dis-Kord!

Carycomic said...

@Anon1215: We'll just have to agree to permanently disagree.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!