Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Six Million Dollar Man and Cyborg



Both of these guys have feature films on the horizon - Steve Austin in a Mark Wahlberg project and Victor Stone as part of the JLA with  a solo outing to follow.  I haven't heard much beyond the initial announcements, but I hope that both of their cinematic futures are in the right hands and do the characters justice.  It will be cool to see a modern version of The Six Million Dollar Man, I think there is more potential in that property than for many TV remakes.  Cyborg has been steadily raising his profile and his film should be a nice culmination of that.

4 comments:

AirDave said...

I love it! The Six Million Dollar Man was based on the book - Cyborg. The original Steve Austin was one of my heroes growing up. I would not want to see Jim Carrey - or even as I once heard, Chris Rock - as a Six Billion Dollar Man.

Ross said...

I didn't know that, Dave - cool bit of trivia!

Bob Greenwade said...

Jim Carrey would actually probably handle the role of Steve Austin rather well, I think; though he specializes in over-the-top comedy, Jim is actually a very capable actor in general. On the other hand he may be now a bit old for the role, compared to when I first heard that he'd been cast (or at least at the top of the consideration list) for the part.

I also have been considering the title. These days, $6M might even have Col. Austin sitting on the discount shelf! $6B might be a bit overboard, though; maybe $60M?

And here's something else: from what I've been seeing as I keep up (as best I can) on technology trends, it may not be long before we're actually able to build the Six Million Dollar Man for real, including the 60MPH running speed, ability to lift 500 pounds with one arm, and funky vision powers. And it'd probably cost roughly (my own estimate) a half million to a million.

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if any feature film based on THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN could include a cameo appearance by ex-wrestler-turned-actor (although, some might say that's really two different names for the same thing) "Stone-Cold Steve Austin." Perhaps as a drunken biker trying to steal the namesake colonel's girlfriend!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!