Friday, May 8, 2015

Buffy The Vampire Slayer in Smallville



I watched these two series in very different ways.  Smallville I watched from the start and stayed with it through all of it's ups (John Glover, Michael Rosenbaum, the JSA, Guest stars from Superman's movie and TV past) and downs (the "Lana is a witch" season).  With Buffy, I felt it was too late for me to catch up with by the time I had read enough buzz to interest me.  Finally I binge watched the entire series on Netflix.  While it could get formulaic at times, the core group of characters and their interactions with one another kept me invested in the show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! great job!

AirDave said...

I watched a few episodes on Netflix of Buffy. I should probably go for broke and binge the whole show...

I've watched Smallville with my son and read the comic. I still have not had a chance to see the final episode. My only disappointment was that Clark was not very Man of Steel like. I can see doubt, but it seemed like Clark never learned. he just blundered from one thing to another. I'm old school. I liked Christopher Reeve and George Reeves. Tim Daly and George Newbern were pretty good as animated Supermen...

Unknown said...

Something you might want to check out is the Date series by LastScorpion. It's set in a crossover Buffy/Smallville universe, and has Clark mooning over Buffy's sister during her first year in college. Then Dawn has the bright idea to fix Buffy up with Lex so they can go on a double date, and things go downhill really fast... :)
http://archiveofourown.org/series/1481

Anonymous said...

Personally, I stopped watching SMALLVILLE after Season 7...as I felt the soap opera elements were becoming deadlier than kryptonite!
But, I would gladly have tuned in for a real crossover with BTVS. During Season 1 of SMALLVILLE, one of the Ashmore Brothers had played a Parasite-like character named Eric Summers! Thereby, laying the potential groundwork, for a crossover, right there.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!