Friday, January 2, 2015

Superman and Thor in: "Jane Foster... Alien Imposter!"



Like many, I never quite knew how to pronounce "Mjolnir".  I never saw any of the characters speak it phonetically in Thor and figured it was just another fantasy term made up for the comics. It wasn't until I heard the great actor John Rhys-Davies voicing Thor an a Fantastic Four cartoon and calling it "meYOLnear" that I learned the proper way to address the God of Thunder's hammer. Chris Hemsworth does a fine job in the role, but Thor will always sound like Rhys-Davies in my mind when I read his adventures.

Superman and Thor have of course shared other STF covers:

In Issue #949, they battled Amazo and the Taskmaster...

In Issue #155, Jor-El and Odin were not happy with them...

In Issue #31, they squared off against Mongul...

and they first crossed paths way back in Issue #17.

Before Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues, there was Marvel Two-In-One: The Lost Issues!  I'll be presenting my favorite covers from that era as just one of the special features in The STF 1000th Issue Spectacular... coming in 6 days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jane Foster," in this case, is probably another Space Phantom. Or maybe even the same one from last issue!

I can just imagine a two-parter concerning a "chess game" between Immortus and Per Degaton.

Anonymous said...

Oops! My bad; that should've read "...from issue # 991."

Unknown said...

👍👍

Support STF: The Lost Issues!