As I close out my first 1000 issues of STF, it is only fitting that I post a cover featuring artwork by my two personal favorite cover artists. Nick Cardy could make great covers for any genre that DC Comics threw at him - superhero. horror, western, romance, science fiction... he illustrated them all amazingly. Gil Kane was the master of discovering the moment of most dramatic action in an issue and then depicting it on the cover. The two of them are a huge inspiration for this blog.
The wait is almost over! Tomorrow, I will be posting The STF 1000th Issue Spectacular! Not only will the cover be the largest to date, I will be featuring these special features as well:
- The never before told Secret Origin of the Lost Issues!
- The Best of Brave and the Bold: The Lost Issues!
- The Best of Marvel Two-In_one: The Lost Issues!
- The Best of Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues!
- What are... The Lost Lost Issues?
- A special peek what the interiors of a Lost Issue might look like!
- A step-by-step tutorial on how a Lost Issue cover is created!