Sunday, October 6, 2013

Django and John Wayne



Ever since I saw John Wayne smack George Kennedy upside the head with an ax handle in The Sons of Katie Elder, I have been a fan of a good revenge fueled western tale.  It's been nice to see that genre upheld over the years.  Wayne's films were followed up by the great contributions by Clint Eastwood, and today Django Unchained carries on the tradition in Oscar winning fashion.  I think a tale that got all these guys together could be pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

I've grown a bit tired of some of Tarrantino's gimmicks and his movies which for my tastes are overlong. (I like parts of them, but they wear me down.) So I didn't hold out much hope for this one. My daughters though insisted we watch it a few months ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the tightest story he's told on screen since the magnificent Reservoir Dogs, his bloody best still.

Rip Off

GettinJiggly said...

yes yes and more yes

Support STF: The Lost Issues!