Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thor and Steel



John Henry Irons was my favorite thing to come out of the Death of Superman event.  Here was a character inspired by the Man of Steel without being a simple copy of him with a gender or age change.  I'm not sure what he is up to in the New 52, but I hope he finds a place to shine. It would be cool to see him compare red capes and hammers with Thor one day.  I imagine this would be one of those fake-out covers, where the story would end with Thor and Odin presenting Steel with an Uru hammer to call his own.

8 comments:

Isaac said...

Nice one Ross!

Anonymous said...

John Henry Irons, god of the forge... I like that idea.

-Mea

Anonymous said...

In the new52 Steel has recently shown up in the Swamp Thing / Animal Man crossover called Rotworld.

Anonymous said...

there should be flash flash gordon also savage sub marineer and savage dragon and savage hawkman vs vandal savage tick spiderman

Anonymous said...

also human fly and fly fathom and mera or aquaman superior squad and legion or jla

Bob Greenwade said...

This is a very cool cover, and I really like your story idea. Call it: "Hammer Time!"

I don't know why this made me think of it, but for some reason I'm now wanting to see a team-up of Lobo and the Bamfs. I doubt there are enough images of the latter to make it, though.

Ross said...

Bob, I've already used "Hammertime!" as a title once before, so I had to resist the urge here.

Anonymous said...

Then, just call it "It's Hammer Time...Again!"

Support STF: The Lost Issues!