Thursday, January 24, 2013

Deadman and Doctor Strange



Deadman has always been one of my favorite characters and I am very glad to see the increased exposure that he has gotten in the past few years.  I even read that a Deadman TV series is in development, which could be very cool.  The only thing is that the series is in development by the CW Network - and judging by Arrow and Smallville, they seem to like stripping away most of the superhero aspects which makes their shows feel like watered-down versions of the source material to me.  So, I think it's doubtful that we will see anything close to Boston Brand's classic appearance.  I think not using it would be foolish, because he has a perfect reason to appear in that outfit (it's the circus performance costume he was killed in).

7 comments:

worldmusic said...

Wow, Ross! That cos-play photo almost stole the attention away from your work. If thats real leather, that costume must have over around $2,000.00 big ones. Is it me, or have fan-made films, cos-play & other projects reached "industry" level quality and professionalism?

Ross said...

They are certainly more faithful than the movie costume designers, that's for sure!

Souad Makki said...

Dagger (without Cloak), Dr. Light (Asian), and Dazzler. All women of light. It writes itself! Make it so. -Souad Makki

Bob Greenwade said...

The cosplayer not only has an awesome costume, but he also did an excellent makeup job.

As for Souad's suggestion, I'd love to see a Dr. Light/Dazzler team-up at the least. If you make it into a "Women of Light" team, you'd probably want to also include Sapphire.

(Yes, I'm hung up on wanting to see Champions characters included. Is that so wrong?)

Ross said...

There's a cover not far from that suggestion coming up in about a month.

Isaac said...

Tun me on, Deadman, turn me on Deadman!

Zoinks! Graphics said...

Is it me or does Doc Strange look like Brother Voodoo here?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!