Thursday, August 2, 2018

Cloak & Dagger and The Spectre


I am really looking forward to the season finale of Cloak and Dagger, and I am glad that it has deservedly been renewed for another year.  I really wasn't sure what to expect from the show, but I found myself pleasantly surprised by how much I have been enjoying it.  It is very well written and I have enjoyed the performances.  The effects are low key but well done and while the pacing might be slow for some, I have enjoyed the non-linear path to heroism that the lead characters are taking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That image of the Spectre looks familiar. Was he originally leaning over a crystal ball?

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hmm, interesting crossover. I wonder passed of his connection to the darkforce if Cloak really could hide souls or even himself from the Spectre, even if temporarily....

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to permanently disagree on CLOAK & DAGGER THE SERIES, Ross. I was hoping it would get cancelled by the end of Episode 2!

Ross said...

Anon #1 I think it was just some bad guys he was leaning over

Anon #2 It was slow at first but got better quickly, and the last 2 episodes were great I thought.

Anonymous said...

Still can't honestly agree.

Anonymous said...

I argue that although he was chosen to direct Aquaman, I feel James Wan, with his background of horror (the excellent Conjuring/Annabelle franchises) should bring The Spectre to the big screen. Imagine the first real Rated R Superhero/Horror film (Spawn doesn't count!). In fact, I see The Nun character he created in The Conjuring 2 as a version of the Spectre.

Carycomic said...

Wouldn't it be something if two of the souls the Spectre was trying to free were the pre-Flashpoint Obsidian and Jade?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!