Thursday, May 11, 2017

Firestorm and Werewolf By Night (Part Two)



Continued from yesterday's cover, it looks like Ronnie Raymond has undergone yet another transformation.  I remember Firestorm's evolution into an elemental character in the late 80's, and it was such a left turn for the hero - both visually and personality-wise, that I found it to be off putting.  DC seemed to have a good thing going with the character and I wondered why they wanted to take a risk by changing him up so much.  Thankfully, the nuclear man returned to a more familiar status quo not too long after.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were trying to appeal to that New Age back-to-nature demographic. That's why!

Anonymous said...

P.S.---nice atmospheric cover! The full moon, alone, makes me wonder if you'll ever do a homage to RISE OF THE GUARDIANS. Like, say, Jack Frost duking it out with Bobby "Iceman" Drake for the affections of Ilsa (of FROZEN fame)?

Ross said...

I haven't seen that movie but I do intend to try and pair some ice people together.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!