Sunday, December 20, 2015

Green Lantern Corps Vs. Galactus



I was glad to see that Green Lantern Corps is among DC's future movies.  Not only does that mean that Hal Jordan will get another chance on the big screen, we will also see the live action debut of John Stewart.  I wonder which other GL's will fill out the roster though.  I'd pick Katma Tui for her relationship with Stewart as well as Tomar Re and Chaselon just because they are so darn cool.  I look forward to see the new character designs, as they all seemed a bit off the first time around.

This is only Part One of this cosmic tale - make sure you stop by tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion!

6 comments:

Kid Charlemagne said...

Good idea. If the DC and Marvel characters inhabited the same universe, this would be an obvious clash.

Energy Law said...

My favorite Green Lantern was "The Green Man" who appeared originally as a one-shot back up story written by Mike W. Barr in (issue 164,1983). This was like an elseworlds story of Green Lantern where he was re-imagined at Green Lantern The Barabarian! It was only the 2nd issue i had ever brought of Green Lantern but it became one of my favorite stories, and that Green Man back up story really touched me, where he saves a "gypsy caravan" of aliens by empowering one of the gypsy's with a power ring (they could not accept help from others as part of their code). With so many "eastern european/balkan" elements in Mike's story, I have realised this was one of those comics that made me want to travel and experience foreign cultures (years later served in the Peace Corps). Yup, comics had a huge lasting impact on me.

Ross said...

Cool story, Energy Law. I liked that tale and it's interesting to hear how it impacted you.

Carycomic said...

Actually, if I recall correctly, Green Man started out as an ex-GL serving the pre-Crisis Omega Men (of the Vega star system). Speaking of whom...

Great cover, Ross! How about a part three, teaming the GL Corps with the Jedi Knights?*


*I just got back from my 2nd viewing of Episode 7: THE FORCE AWAKENS. Enjoyed it even better than the first time around!

Carycomic said...

OOPS! My bad: that should've read "...Omega Men with the Jedi Knights?"

Ross said...

I liked it better the first time I saw it... when it was called A New Hope. I kid, I kid, but it was a bit derivative, Abrams played it too safe.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!