Saturday, May 29, 2010

Batman and G.I. Joe



I did not follow the G.I. Joe comics or the cartoon, but I have a fond memory of the action figures from my childhood. The real ones from the 70's, not those tiny ones that came out later on. I liked all the cool accessories like scuba gear and of course was a fan of the kung-fu grip!

Not having followed the newer version I don't know how faithful the movie last summer was. It kind of surprised me. I guess I went in with low expectations because even though the acting was pretty weak and the plot preposterous, I found the film to be big dumb fun. I think I could go along with is because it didn't seem to take itself very seriously. Sometimes its OK to just turn your brain off and watch things go splodey.

2 comments:

Randy said...

I'm not much of a follower of GI Joe either, but if I saw this cover on the newsstands, I'd buy it for sure. You really do good work on these covers. It's clear that a lot of thought goes into them.

Ross said...

Thanks, I appreciate it! Each cover takes 4 hours or so, it's definitely a labor of love.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!