Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bullseye Vs. Deadshot



I created a Deadshot Vs. Bullseye cover as one of my earliest "villain battle" covers, and I thought that I would revisit the pairing, this time flipping the tables and giving Bullseye the upper hand.  Deadshot has become one of DC's better defined villains through the writing of John Ostrander and Gail Simone in the pages of Suicide Squad, Secret Six and his own mini-series.  He has made a few appearances in other media (Batman: Gotham Knight and Arrow), but those appearances did not really depict the character as we know him fom the comics.  Hopefully he will get another shot to break out of the comics pages.  Bullseye was famously brought to life by Colin Ferrel, but that was more of a campy depiction than I was hoping for.   Daredevil as a film property is back in Marvel's hands, so I have confidence that we will see a more faithful portrayal should they use Bullseye again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that Deadshot would get an ongoing series, instead of Deathstroke, The Terminator who has been a disappointment to me.

Bob Greenwade said...

I personally liked the campier take on Deadshot in the Daredevil movie. I didn't think I would, but I did. Somehow, upon seeing it, I just felt like it was something that the character needed.

On another topic, I wonder if Deathstroke might not be an interesting choice to pit against Nick Fury (either version). How these two one-eyed combatants deal with each other would make for an interesting story.

Mr. Acer said...

Another New Amalgam combo. Red-Rum-18 mixed these two to form Deadeye, a foe of Dr. Dare (Dr. Mid-Nite III/Daredevil), and a member of both the Thunder Squad (Suicide Squad/Thunderbolts) and Secret Syndicate (Secret Six II/Sinister Syndicate).

Glenn said...

Well he Deadshot got his movie shot Personally I think they should have added Bronze Tiger and have Will Smith take his role but it was an okay portail.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!