Monday, November 19, 2012

Ragman and The Scarlet Witch



The good news is that The Scarlet Witch will be featured regularly in the new high-profile title Uncanny Avengers, drawn by the very talented John Cassiday. It's been a while since she has had a regular title to star in and it will be interesting to see how she interacts with other members such as Wonder Man, with whom she has quite a history.  The only thing that worries me is that the title will be written by Brian Michael Bendis, who seems to prefer the crazy unbalanced Wanda.  I really hope he moves her beyond  that stage, as I was never a fan of her whacked out homicidal phase.

I'm not sure if Ragman has appeared in the New 52 DCU yet, but I hope he finds a home soon (Justice League Dark perhaps?).  DC had been doing a good job of utilizing him before the revamp and it would be a shame to see that all go away.

9 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Fantastic juxtaposition. I totally buy this.

Scott said...

Actually, UNCANNY AVENGERS is written ny Rick Remender, not Bendis.

Bob Greenwade said...

What's Ragman doing on the cover his pic was taken from? His expression in this context looks like, "You did this, and now you're going to regret it!"

Ross said...

Bob - he was carrying a leggy blonde.

Scott - Oh good - I like Bendis, but keep him away fro Wanda!

pblfsda said...

Did you create this using Cher-ware?
(Whooof-- I'm sorry about that. Bad puns are a compulsion and that title just triggered me.)

Ross said...

I was wondering if someone would comment on that title...

Anonymous said...

Ragman is sorely underused. I hope he gets his due in the New 52.

--J/Metro

Anonymous said...

per degaton and time commander and chronos vs marvel universe

artemus dada said...

Great stuff.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!