Monday, August 8, 2011

Batman and Cyclops



Cyclops has been my favorite member of the X-Men since I was a kid.  He looked cool and had a simple but unique power, which also gave him a bit of pathos.  I think he is an interesting character and prefer when he is written as the solid leader that he is rather than a straight man for Wolverine or pining over lost loves.  I really disliked how he was unceremoniously killed off in X-Men 3: The Last Stand and was hoping to see him given more justice in X-Men: First Class.  Alas, that movie was a prequel and not a reboot as I had hoped, so no Cyclops this time around.  It did well, maybe he will appear in the inevitable follow up.

6 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

Very cool cover.
Since this is a Wolverine world, and we just live in it, I don't think I've really ever seen Scott at his peak performance....

X-Men / Titans was good...

Anonymous said...

....I remember when Cyclops was more popular than Wolverine. Anyone here remember their first appearance on Spidey and his Amazing Friends?

Anonymous said...

I am loving this return to Batman. Feels like home again.

Ross said...

Who can forget Wolverine's Australian accent on that episode!

The Matt Signal said...

Scott is my favorite X-Man too, and seeing him on a cover with Batman, my all time favorite comic book cover? Gave me a smile on a kind of blah morning. Thanks as always for your awesome work.

Anonymous said...

this would have been a natural team-up. They are both rather grim sourpusses, determined, dripping with pathos (early childhood issues). Actually, I could see Batman trying to cheer up Cyclops, sheesh! Suggested villian: Dr. Doom gets a hold of the motherbox, which must be returned to Apokolips.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!