Friday, July 19, 2013

Justice League of America Vs. Dr. Doom




Now that Man of Steel is a financial success, chances for a JLA movie down the line just got a little bit stronger, after a few years of doubt and false starts.  Everyone is expecting the big 5 - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern - to show up, but who will fill out the roster?  Can Aquaman work?  Will they go for Cyborg to reflect the newest comics?  The most important question to me is whether they will include The Martian Manhunter - a founding member who nevertheless has never achieved the high profile of his teammates.  I think he is a must for a JLA film, as he is the heart and soul of the team for me.  I even have the perfect actor to play him in mind.  Henry Simmons was great on NYPD Blue, and I always thought that he had the physique and intellect to bring J'onn J'onzz to life.

5 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Ten years ago, Martian Manhunter would have been a lock in the JLA movie, without question. Today, not so much, and I'm okay with that. I think he'd be better in a solo movie, as I feel he's the type of character who works better in live action than in comics (see also: Iron Man.) I talk (and talk and talk) about it here.

Jon said...

DC and Marvel need to get their acts together and make this happen!

Swampy said...

Awesome cover!

Chris Arndt said...

In the current era the Manhunter From Mars has been replaced by Cyborg.

Anonymous said...

I think that, with today's CGI technology, they could use Michael Berryman (of the original "The Hills Have Eyes") as the body model. And, either David Warner or Christopher Lloyd for the voice.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!