Thursday, September 24, 2026

Mars Attacks 4 Famous Co-Stars

 

An All-Martian issue was a request by Bob Greenwade, a Patron of this blog, among others. Gathering images, I was struck by the different personalities of all of these Mars characters.  Any tale combining them all would be sure to be filled with conflict!

16 comments:

Steve said...

If they went to a pub together, would it be a Mars Bar?

Carycomic said...

A unique gathering, to say the least! I don't recall the robot, though. Has Uncle Martin modified Hugh Hazard's old friend, Bozo the Iron Man?

Anonymous said...

More likely, it's the robot from "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians."

Detective Tobor said...

Uncle Martin (Exegesis 12 & 1/2 ) is from My Favorite Martian #2 (with machine). So much potential he had for decaeds!! love the cover.

Simreeve said...

Thank you for explaining where he appeared previously, I'd wondered about that.

Bob Greenwade said...

Nice work, Ross! This definitely would be a fun read! Thanks!

@Steve: Good one!

Anonymous said...

Mars candy was named after brothers whose last name was Mars; probably after the god Mars.

Jason Toddman said...

Now I think we need a story where John Carter and Conan the Barbarian switch places to see how each deals with the other character's environment and threats. Could Conan excel even more than Carter with Barsoom's lower gravity (and air pressure, which Burroughs always harped about contributing to his impossible athleticism there). Or just team up against an alternate universe Martian threat similar to what's shown here or even a combined Martian/Lovecraftian threat?

Anonymous said...

I keep on wanting to thumbs up commentsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ like a famous Head Tome website lol

Anonymous said...

Wonder what Skully and Mulder would say. If they saw this.

Anonymous said...

^ I WISH MY FAVORITE MARTIAN MISS MARTIAN WAS INVITED ALONG AS A GIRL REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE RIDE.

Carycomic said...

@Anon1024: maybe she was too busy helping out Big Barda and the New Female Furies against Mr. Universe.

Carycomic said...

Or maybe even Mangog!

Carycomic said...

@Det. Tobor---thanks! :-)

Carycomic said...

@Simreeve---I was more worried he might be arrested as an illegal alien! But, I'm sure he's stowing himself away under Exigent circumstances.

Carycomic said...

They'd probably imitate what Maxwell Smart would call "The Old Telekinetic Levitation Finger Trick!"

Support STF: The Lost Issues!