Sunday, September 27, 2026

Cannonball and Stargirl

 

The dating scene these days can seem as daunting as taking on a super-villain, that's for sure.  Let's hope these two young heroes can navigate it without too much heartbreak.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, given Marvel's current(ly infamous) sliding time scale, Cannonball has literally all the time in the real world to ask her out! But, for us flesh-and-blood guys? There comes a point where the reward becomes not worth the risk.

Carycomic said...

@Anon1031: Whoa! Pessimistic much?

@Ross: I wonder why the Sentinels are just coming after these two? They usually hunt mutants en masse! Based on the coloration, I'd say these are Mark III Sentinels of Stephen Lang vintage. And only someone in the Federal government might have the authority and resources to covertly restore some of them with the help of a master roboticist. Worst case scenario?

Amanda Waller has recruited Arcade for the Suicide Squad.

Ben W said...

Oooh, do we have another recurring couple in the making, for the STF-verse? If so, I'm not hating it at all! Let's see where this goes, dear reader!

Anonymous said...

Pretty good guess. And, knowing her hatred for all metahuman heroes in general, I would theorize that she recruited Arcade in order to get whatever shrink-tech he used to send the X-men into the "Microverse" (back @ STF #5033 this past Jan. 23) so it could be installed in these Sentinels. Which, in turn, are probably after these two as a trial run!

Anonymous said...

#Carycomic & Anon@11:20AM: actually those are Mark IV Sentinels produced by Shaw Industries, post-Days of Future Past. But, I agree that Waller and Arcade could be allies of convenience working off Shaw's designs.

Carycomic said...

I second that emotion. :-)

Detective Tobor said...

Just like Marvel Girl ..and...sheesh. Will Ultron upgrade the Sentinels as well?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!