Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Destroyer and Batman

 

I had to groan when I saw that The Batman Part II has been delayed yet again and now will not come out until 2028.  That probably also meant that we won't see Batman join the DCU until after that (if the DCU lasts that long between poor reception and company mergers).  Hopefully whatever Matt Reeves has planned will be worth the six year wait for a sequel.

7 comments:

Carycomic said...

It'll be well worth the wait if Paramount and WB remain separate studios for the rest of all time; amen! Because that might tempt Skydance and Discovery to try and cinematically create one big streamlined universe. And that was the same near-irreparable mistake that DC made with their comics by permitting the publication of Crisis On Infinite Earths.*

As for today's cover? A nice tribute to the post-World War II Golden Age. For roughly five years, the world was at peace and optimistic (like it hadn't been since 1929). Then, came the Korean War...and the rest of the Cold War with it.

SIGH! The more things change, the more they stay the same. Right?

*Which is something else I will unapologetically always be Peter Pan about when it comes to "letting go."

Anonymous said...

@Carycomic: Well, not totally at peace. There was the Greek Civil War; the French Indochina War; the Russian blockade of East Berlin that led to the eponymous airlift. Please, don't succumb to the temptations of selective nostalgia, bro!

Detective Tobor said...

@Carycomic, since i am a kid of sci-fi from the late fifties like Topper, My Favorite Martian, Superman, My Living Doll, and so on, i know exactly what you mean. Logic & common sense?? Cut down in their prime!!
Batman...Out of the night, when the full moon is bright comes a crime fighter known as the Bat!

Jared Mello said...

Cool Team-Up here; but I noticed that the "Destroyer" tag leads to both the Golden Age hero and the rampaging Asgardian armor. Might want to do something about that....

Also; since this Cover Suggestion got "lost in the shuffle" because of when I first posted it; I'll post it again: Wildcat meets the WildC.A.T.s!

Bob Greenwade said...

The Destroyer does appear to have a certain superficial similarity to Eclipso's original look.

Anonymous said...

Great golden age cover! I know Batman was done by Bob Kane, but is this also a Bill Finger Batman or a Jerry Robinson from Detective Comics golden age run?

Ben W said...

Isn't that Destroyer the very first costume hero that Stan Lee ever created? I think I saw a video about that once.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!