Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Beatles and The Silver Surfer

 

I was pretty impressed with Paul McCartney's recent Saturday Night Live appearance.  Not only did he perform a half dozen great songs (only a couple aired, the rest can be seen on Youtube), he was also the funniest part of a mechanics skit with Will Ferrel and Marcello Hernandez.  Over 60 years into his career, and he's still a great entertainer.

17 comments:

Carycomic said...

That he is, Ross! It still irks me when I recall how many know-nothing Millenials bashed him on the Internet when he got that special Life-time Achievement Grammy about twelve years back. I wonder how many of them are now eating their words?

Re: this morning's cover. The two images undeniably blend quite seamlessly. Although, I'm a little puzzled as to where the Silver Surfer capture comes from. That coloration almost makes him resemble a Venomized Blue Meanie!

Detective Tobor said...

Call from a Mr Thanos & a Mr Darkseid.....one moment please..go ahead...A new gig is being offered!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Beatles could meet the Jackson 5ive.

Mickey said...

It looks like the Surfer is getting a little help from his friends going across the universe.

Anonymous said...

Let it go.

Of there is one thing the hole of humanity should have learned y now it is that even unpopular opinions spread across the internet like wildfire if they are provocative enough.

You cannot control that, you can only control how you react to it.

Anonymous said...

Ah... a prequel to Michael Jackson buying the rights to the BEATLES album..

That would be pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Well @Carycomics, nothing says maturity like holding a grude for click-bait for over a decade.

Anonymous said...

Specifically, the cartoon series Beatles and Rankin Bass’ cartoon series Jackson Five.

Anonymous said...

Easier said than done, my namesakes. Frankly, I feel the same way Cary does.

Carycomic said...

If they used red-and-gold armor, instead of a yellow submarine, would that make them...Iron Beatles?

Anonymous said...

Inspired

thekelvingreen said...

@Carycomic, I think it comes from Silver Surfer: Black

Anonymous said...

I showed it to famed comic writer and noted Beatles Super-fan J.M. Dematteis, and lover of cosmic Marvel.

His exact words were "Love it!"

Ross said...

Cool! I saw nice comments from Comics Pros Michael Eury and Jim Valentino for this cover as well

Anonymous said...

@Mickey: In other words...he gets by with a little help from his friends?

Carycomic said...

Thanks, Kelvin. That is a truly helpful response.

Sonofjack said...

I wonder if the Surfer will run into Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds....

Support STF: The Lost Issues!