Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Batman and Longshot


This is another team up that I always meant to get to in my Brave and the Bold: The Lost Issues days. Longshot's debut stood out to me because it was also my true introduction to the artwork of Art Adams. I had seen him do a cover for Marvel Team-up, and his interiors here was even more impressive.  I was an instant fan of his work, which was highly detailed while still retaining a cartoonish flair, and made a point to seek out anything he was attached to after that.

6 comments:

Dash said...

I’ve recently gotten into X-Men, and while there are other Mutants out there I really really really really really like, Longshot is one of the nicer ones.

Great cover Ross!

Ken said...

I loved Art Adams back then. His Asgard stuff (New Mutants Special 1985) was fantastic.

Glenn said...

I always liked Adams' art but his writing is always lacking IMO. He needs a good editor if he is going to continue to write.

Carycomic said...

Outstanding, as usual, Ross!

How about a team up of Dr. Strange and the Green Lama?

Bob Greenwade said...

Seeing the name "Longshot," my brain initially processed it as "Deadshot," who of course wouldn't make sense with Batman on this blog since they're both DC. It would be interesting, though, to see Deadshot start a rivalry with Bullseye!

(I just caught up enough on watching Smallville that I've now seen their take on Deadshot. All things considered, I think the Arrowverse has the best live-action take on the character.)

Carycomic said...

Or, better yet, Deadshot vs. Longshot! :-)

Support STF: The Lost Issues!