Sunday, October 4, 2026

Challengers of the Unknown Vs. Doctor Doom

 

The Challengers were like a non-powered version of the Fantastic Four, so it's only natural that they would eventually clash with the mad monarch of Latveria.  Speaking of Doom, am I crazy, or does the accent that Robert Downey Jr. is using for him sound like David Corenswet's Hammer of Boravia voice from Superman? Once I realized that, I can't unhear it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love me a good "in your face" style Jack Kirby and Jim Steranko cover!

Detective Tobor said...

At last a sequel to #4578 with the old Vic!! YEA!!!

Ben W said...

Holy moley, this is really the first time you've had Doctor Doom meet the Challengers? That's surprising, as many covers as you've done, and as much as you love doing an all-Kirby creation! Oh well… some things are worth waiting for, clearly!

Anonymous said...

@Ben W: Second time, actually. The first time was STF #4578, two years ago, this Oct. 25.

@Ross: I haven't seen any official trailers, yet, featuring his voice characterization. So, I'll have to take your word for it.

Carycomic said...

The only thing that might (arguably) top this? Bernthal's Punisher meeting John Wick.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!