In addition to getting a new aged up T'Challa Jr. in the next Black Panther movie, Denzel Washington is said to have a role in it. Washington is one of my all time favorite actors and he has hinted that this may be his final performance, so I can't wait to see what he and director Ryan Coogler have in store. Thanks to Brian C, a Patron of this Blog, for suggesting this pairing!

23 comments:
On an unrelated note, maybe Discord from MLP and Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons.
I always believed that Denzel's 2004 film Man on Fire was the best Punisher movie ever made!
What a coincidence! I've always thought of that film as a proto-Equalizer movie. I mean, think about it. In that film, Denzel was a "counter-insurgency" commando named John Creasey. The name of a real-life British author who, from the 1940's to 1960's, wrote a dozen highly popular series of thrillers under as many different pen-names! And Denzel's version of Robert McCall was a bibliophile. Always reading while eating.
Maybe John Creasey's "death" in Mexico was just as greatly exaggerated as that of Robert McCall's from a mere car bomb.
I still prefer Lundgren's version of the Punisher, though.
When you say 'The Equalizer' the actor's name that springs the front of to my mind is Edward Woodward.
Ditto. Also known as "Ed Wood cubed."
how about Punisher and Dexter Morgan?
Regarding Yesterday’s cover, maybe ALF could meet the Thundercats.
I second that motion!🙂
Oh, yeah! I watched all four seasons of that show. Primarily because, prior to the series premier, I had only heard the name "Edward Woodward" as the punchline to a Benny Hill joke! It probably might've gone to Season 5. But, after Mr. Woodward's sudden heart seizure debilitated him for a few months (Season 3, I think), he understandably had to take it much easier.
Anyway, when I saw the first of Denzel Washington's films, I initially theorized that maybe--just maybe--Eugene Blaine from Episode 2.9 ("The Line," circa Nov. 1986) had grown up to join the CIA and legally changed his name to "Robert McCall" (partly, out of gratitude).
Depends. Adversaries or reluctant allies of convenience?
And I have the perfect premise. They're defending him from being arrested by the Cat Precinct!
Seeing Frank with Spider-Man's Brand New Day, along with Bruce and Jean led to a great fun film.. With him and Queen Latifa, as Roberta, it could work.
Now, if we could just get the two Witchfires (DC's Rebecca Carstairs and Marvel's Ananym) teaming up against someone like, say, Mangog.
Well awesome! Why do you try The X-Files vs. X-Men, The X-Files vs. Friends, Transformers vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Iron Man vs. Transformers!
There've been at least three live action Punishers, right? Maybe they could face off against three live action Batmans (Batmen?).
Like, say, Dolph Lundgren's Punisher and Michael Keaton's Batman vs. the Penguin and the Vulture?
How about Thomas Jane's Punisher and Christian Bale's Batman vs. Ra's Al Ghul and the Hand?
@Carycomic: even better! :-)
Although, I think Bob Greenwade would prefer the first one. Especially if Ross entitled it "Bat Season! Bird Season!"
That reminds me of the DC-published encounter between Batman and Elmer Fudd,, does anybody else here remember it?
I only remember Batman meets Top Cat, with special-guest villain Selina Kyle as Catwoman.
Wasn't that part of the DC/WB crossover where Mr. Mxyzptlk was having some kind of contest with Dizzy the Dodo (and Jonn Jonzz smiled paternally at the attitude of Marvin the Martian)?
Post a Comment