Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Green Lantern Corps Vs. The Wrecking Crew

 

The new Lanterns trailer was a lot better than the teaser but I still have my reservations about the show. It still feels a bit like it's embarrassed to be a Green Lantern show, and I don't like some of the rumors I've read regarding the fates of some of the characters.  Still, it's an HBO series and they are usually well written, and I do like the cast.  A lot is riding on this series, so I hope it is received well.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching Titans on HBO during a free subscription weekend by my local provider. The characters swore more frequently than pre-Awakenings Robert Deniro! And any writers who have to over-rely on graphic profanity like that are definitely NOT good.

So, needless to say, I will not be getting HBO if the GL series turns out the same way.

Carycomic said...

You raise an interesting question, Ross. And, given Chaselon's presence, I wonder if the bank might be the temporary repository for a cache of "diamonds" that are actually some of his people's equivalent of newborn children! After all, to my knowledge, it's never been officially depicted what his people look like in their non-adult forms.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been with these characters since the early 60s, so I've got a dog in the fight, but I'll take grumpy old "cop" Hal, and self-questioning John Stewart, over the original attitudes of both characters when John was first introduced in the comics. It was only five and a half years earlier that Jim Shooter wasn't allowed to make Ferro Lad black because DC would lose their distribution in the South. And go look up Tyroc in Wikipedia to see how much the artists and writers hated him (rightly so). I'll take the modern versions of some of these characters any day. Except HBO Titans. Yikes. Well, *maybe* Hawk and Dove...

Support STF: The Lost Issues!