Monday, September 21, 2026

Robin and The Young Allies

 


Robin has some history with these two on the blog:  

He met the Young Allies with the Teen Titans way back in STF #197

He fought alongside Toro in STF #3226

Robin last met Bucky battling Dr. Moreau in STF #1881.

Once, Robin considered taking over for Bucky...

There was the time they tackled zombies together...

They met later in their careers as Nightwing and The Winter Soldier...

Bucky has even tried to take over for Robin, once solo, and once with The Young Allies.

10 comments:

  1. I think I may have an idea for a cover! Bucky is lost in one of the multi-dimensional worlds of the DC/Marvel universe. Robin needs help in locating him and turns to the only duo that can possibly save him: Rocky and Bullwinkle! And only they can find him because Bucky’s codename exists in Rocky and Bullwinkle’s name! The story title: “Spelling B for Bucky!”
    I will see myself out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one question: is this supposed to be the Golden Age Robin? The one who, on Silver Age Earth 2, grew up to wear that modified Bat-costume with the yellow cape and capital R-logo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This being the Ross-verse (with all sorts of timey-wimey disruptions caused Kang vs. The Time Trapper), that would certainly make sense.

      Delete
  3. Looks like the Golden Age Robin to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank you, as well. The only way you might arguably surpass this morning's cover is if you took that grown-up Robin (from STF #1744 @Jan. 2017) and had Kang pit him against the Winter Soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carycomic... a Robin going against Winter (soldier)? time to go south.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see why The two are (sort of) overdue for a rematch. See STF #544 @ 10/9/2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Det. Tobor; Anon144 raises a good point. It's been 3,530 issues since we last saw the full-grown Golden Age Dick Grayson. And, 4, 730 issues since any version of Grayson has contended against the full-grown Buck Barnes! That assuming I did the math right.

      Delete