A New Cover Posted Every Day! Join the Facebook Fan Page at: www.facebook.com/SuperTeamFamilyTheLostIssues
Sunday, September 20, 2026
Insect Queen Vs. Annihilus
Uh oh! I bet that mild-mannered Clark Kent doesn't look all that bad now, Lana! Her power set was always a bit icky to me, but she doesn't deserve this!
Velvet O'Mara (the evil Insect Queen from "Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane" v.1/#69) would've been a more fitting choice for the Bride of Annihilus. At least, if this had been a real-world comic crossover! But, I understand that image-captures of Lana are more abundant.
I notice Clark isn't among those watching so I hope you're right. I notice though that ferro Lad *is* up there. Didn't he meet his end before Lana ever became Insect Queen, or am I misremembering the sequence of events (sadly, it has been decades since I have read any of them). And i know for sure it was well before Shadow Lass (also up there) joined the team, yet they're together. Definitely some timey-timey shenanigans going on here.
Shadow Lass was inducted into the LHS in Feb. 1968. Exactly one year after Andrew Nolan's death in the line of duty! This could be Andrew's identical twin, Douglas, who had the same ferromorphic ability.
I didn't mind her power set...but it was always kind of a bummer to me that each insect's powers could only be used once!
ReplyDeletePoor Lana, screwed every way but the way she wanted. And Annihilus is trying to get the 'bugs' out of his setup with her??!?
ReplyDeleteVelvet O'Mara (the evil Insect Queen from "Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane" v.1/#69) would've been a more fitting choice for the Bride of Annihilus. At least, if this had been a real-world comic crossover! But, I understand that image-captures of Lana are more abundant.
ReplyDeleteI suspect Clark's not-so-mild-mannered alter ego will have something to say about this. Annihilus may rue the day he was hatched.
ReplyDeleteI notice Clark isn't among those watching so I hope you're right. I notice though that ferro Lad *is* up there. Didn't he meet his end before Lana ever became Insect Queen, or am I misremembering the sequence of events (sadly, it has been decades since I have read any of them). And i know for sure it was well before Shadow Lass (also up there) joined the team, yet they're together. Definitely some timey-timey shenanigans going on here.
DeleteI was thinking the same thing! Not sure about the timing of Lana, but how the heck are Ferro Lad and Shadow Lass BOTH up there???
DeleteFerro Lad was indeed gone by the time Shadow Lass was introduced. Where did this image originate?
ReplyDeleteShadow Lass was inducted into the LHS in Feb. 1968. Exactly one year after Andrew Nolan's death in the line of duty! This could be Andrew's identical twin, Douglas, who had the same ferromorphic ability.
DeleteLONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the Earth-STF Legion so it all makes sense.
ReplyDelete