A New Cover Posted Every Day! Join the Facebook Fan Page at: www.facebook.com/SuperTeamFamilyTheLostIssues
Thursday, August 27, 2026
Cyborg Vs. The Borg
Some of the best stories on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Voyager revolved around The Borg. They are a great villain creation, and I'd love to see them facing off against a tech-based hero like Cyborg.
To Vic Stone: because, to the Borg, integration is the same as assimilation. And resistance to same...is futile.
To Ross: this is both an unexpected surprise and a brilliant match-up. I can only think of one thing that might--arguably--top this. The depiction of a turf war between the Borg and the Daleks!
"Resistance is futile"? That reminds me of the Vogons, from HHGTTG, with their “Resistance is useless!”. I can envisage the Borg assimilating them but then quickly rejecting them again because they're so awful...
The way Vic's cybernetics has been upgraded over the years, I'd actually pity these Borg. Sure, Vic, give them what they want; that doesn't mean they won't regret it.
On an unrelated note, maybe Itchy and Scratchy could meet the Mutant League; they both do graphic violence.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't that make them...mutant enemies?
Delete"Grrrrrr! Arrrgh!"
To Vic Stone: because, to the Borg, integration is the same as assimilation. And resistance to same...is futile.
ReplyDeleteTo Ross: this is both an unexpected surprise and a brilliant match-up. I can only think of one thing that might--arguably--top this. The depiction of a turf war between the Borg and the Daleks!
If the Daleks think the Borg are just like the Cybermen, they'd be in for a surprise!
DeleteExactly!! :-)
DeleteThe Borg are likely to kick more Dalek butt than the Cybermen and Movellans put together.
Delete"Resistance is futile"? That reminds me of the Vogons, from HHGTTG, with their “Resistance is useless!”. I can envisage the Borg assimilating them but then quickly rejecting them again because they're so awful...
ReplyDeleteLol! For a second, I thought you were referring to those time-traveling aliens Picard and Vosh once matched wits with on Risa.
DeleteTony Stark helping Vic might be better.
ReplyDeleteI'd rather have Tony Stark meet Arya Stark.
DeleteThe way Vic's cybernetics has been upgraded over the years, I'd actually pity these Borg. Sure, Vic, give them what they want; that doesn't mean they won't regret it.
ReplyDeleteRIP, Peter Cullen (long-time voice of Optimus Prime): 1941-2026.
ReplyDeleteIt may be for a cover where Optimus Prime meets Eeyore.
Delete@Bob Greenwade: say what???
DeleteNo joke, I'm afraid. He passed away two days ago. Almost right after Tim Curry's death had been announced!
Delete