I love the Gil Kane-designed costume for The Atom. Recent appearances of Ray Palmer have him sporting a new suit, but nothing compares to the classic original look for me.
The Atom and The Wasp have shared some previous adventures on the blog - They first crossed paths in STF #216... they fought back an Inch High Insurgency in STF #768... they faced off against The Cannoneer in STF #1646... they battled Kang and Chronos with Ant-Man in STF #1844, and are both members of Microforce...

I didn't know Mr. Bones played pool. I wonder what a game of 8-ball, between him and the Grandmaster, would be like?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though; thanks for continuing the occasional reunions of these two, Ross. Now, how about a reunion between Wildcat and the Black Panther? Those two haven't worked together since STF #177. 14 years ago, today!
It's the ghost of Jack Klugman from that old Twilight Zone episode, "A Game of Pool"!
ReplyDeleteIt looks to me like it's the Marvel version of Death.
ReplyDeleteIt also looks like Ray need to be ready to dive to the right; I think Death's going to try to knock the 8 into the 1 for the corner pocket.
um, how many times have they met death head on!! Ray and Jan could be like Reed and Sue as a couple.
ReplyDeleteThat would be better than emotionally abusive Hank Pym (from AVENGERS #213) and sociopathic Jean Loring (from IDENTITY CRISIS).
DeleteI think Anon@1:42 just came up with the villains for the next time these two team up.
ReplyDelete