A New Cover Posted Every Day! Join the Facebook Fan Page at: www.facebook.com/SuperTeamFamilyTheLostIssues
Thursday, October 1, 2026
Human Torch and Firebrand
This is a meeting that is certainly overdue on this blog. It would be cool to see the hottest heroes of the All-Star Squadron and the Invaders in action together.
I don't remember Firebrand having the ability to fly, but then again my financial situation forced me to drop All-Star Squadron relatively early in its run. And, indeed, this is a natural pairing that I hope gets revisited from time to time.
And I think Cary has just given us an almost-perfect title for the story. The only flaw is that the story takes place in New York City, while the quote is more apropos to Chicago.
The only song I could think of, with roughly similar sentiments for NYC, is "Disco Inferno." More specifically? The verse that goes "Burn the m----r down!"
Great cover! love the combination of Jones and Byrne/Machlan team, but is Lady Liberty done by Vince Colletta based on the Post cover of men working on the Torch.
I'd prefer a reunion between Deadman and Dead Girl of the X-Statix. They haven't worked together since STF #613 back in Dec. of 2013! That's unlucky (to put it mildly).
"There's gonna be a hot time in the old town, tonight."
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this, Ross. :-)
P.S.---it just occurred to me. This could be a sequel to STF #2063 from December of 9 years ago!
DeleteI don't remember Firebrand having the ability to fly, but then again my financial situation forced me to drop All-Star Squadron relatively early in its run. And, indeed, this is a natural pairing that I hope gets revisited from time to time.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think Cary has just given us an almost-perfect title for the story. The only flaw is that the story takes place in New York City, while the quote is more apropos to Chicago.
The only song I could think of, with roughly similar sentiments for NYC, is "Disco Inferno." More specifically? The verse that goes "Burn the m----r down!"
DeleteGreat cover! love the combination of Jones and Byrne/Machlan team, but is Lady Liberty done by Vince Colletta based on the Post cover of men working on the Torch.
ReplyDeleteStatue of Liberty is by Bob Kane.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ross> It's very strange to see the position of her torch from the back looking out.
DeleteHalloween is coming and I just did a search and you've never done a Buffy/Kolchak crossover.
ReplyDeleteOr even Witchfire meets Witchfire!
DeleteI'd prefer a reunion between Deadman and Dead Girl of the X-Statix. They haven't worked together since STF #613 back in Dec. of 2013! That's unlucky (to put it mildly).
ReplyDeleteIncorrect. They've appeared together three times since then.
ReplyDeleteYeah! But, those were super-group appearances. Not one-on-one...which they are undeniably way overdue for.
Deletehow about this Torch and Sunboy from Lo SH for a real time displacement as well?
ReplyDeleteI second it, namesake. :-)
Delete