I finally watched The Mandalorian and Grogu, and while I enjoyed it, I found it to be kind of inconsequential. It really did feel like four episodes to the show stitched together. My main issue was that it did not seem to move the characters forward at all, I was expecting some more important development given the full feature treatment. I have heard lots of positive comments about Coyote Vs. ACME, though - so I am looking forward to that on debuting on HBO Max.

Wait till you see Matt vs Jen in the courtroom for the trial size version of the movie!! So many character witnesses!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe Popeye could meet Alley Oop.
ReplyDeleteFor me, any appearance of the Wacky Races on this blog is a win.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm starting to wonder if there's any way to include Fozzie Bear's psychedelic Studebaker from The Muppet Movie. Perhaps Big Wheel (the Spider-Man "villain"). Or, for the emphasis on "wacky," the Tricycle Guy from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in (just for bckground flavor).
That aside, I agree with you on The Mandalorian and Grogu. Fun enough to watch once or twice, but no big emotional stakes or shakeup of the status quo does make it seem inconsequential.
Shouldn't Popeye be driving a Jeep? ;-)
ReplyDeleteP.S.---when are you going to be having Speed Racer compete in one of these Wacky Races?
ReplyDeleteAnt from image meets ant man or atom ant
ReplyDeleteOr Black Knight Dane Whitman from Marvel meets Black Knight Peyton Parks from Zenescope.
DeleteThere are almost as many Black Knights in comics as there are Merlins.
DeleteAnd I, for one, would love to see a Council of Merlins (especially if one of them is the from Seven Deadly Sins -- just to see what the others make of her).
@Bob Greenwade: maybe so. But, I'm only interested in a two-knight appearance.
DeleteMAYBE RICKETY ROCKET & THE CHAN CLAN COULD TAKE PART IN THE NEXT ROUND OF WACKY RACES.
ReplyDeleteHow about Karen Beecher (aka Bumblebee) of the Teen Titans and Bumblebee (formerly Goldbug) of the Transformers in... "Two Bees or Not Two Bees?"
DeleteAfter all, they haven't teamed up since April 3 of eleven years ago!
Delete