Monday, August 17, 2026

Steel and The Mandalorian

 

I missed The Mandalorian and Grogu in theatres - my local cinema closed down and now I'm about 40 minutes away from the next closest one.  Even though I thought the third season of the series was a step down from the first two, I do enjoy the characters and look forward to checking out their new adventure once it hits Disney+ in a few more weeks.

20 comments:

  1. And also remember: where there's a will, there's THE WAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where there's a will, there's a lawyer.

      Delete
    2. The only good thing the Galactic Empire ever did was shoot all the lawyers.

      Delete
  2. I saw the movie at its opening. It's not quite a cracking adventure, lacking some vital elements to a compelling story, but it's worth the time and effort.

    It does include an extended dialogue-free sequence that I'd compare favorably to the first act of WALL-E. And the first line spoken to break the silence is a confirmed classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are finely doing a star wars/marvel crossover, and they are doing a muppets/marvel crossover. Now if only they do one with all three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For instance: "The Spider-Mandalorian and Grover vs. Darth Vader"?

      Delete
    2. With Pepe Prawn as the bounty hunter's secret identity?

      Delete
  4. I heard that the movie is boring. I know I can't expect you not to see it, but don't get your hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it wasn't rivetingly action-packed like the other two quasi-spin-offs. But, I still sat threw it from opening credits to closing credits!

      That being said, SPIDEY-BND is still the only (relatively) live-action feature I've been to see, twice in a row, this summer.

      Delete
    2. To paraphrase the Immortal Bard: "What's in a homonym?"

      Delete
  5. Ross, I like Steel alot, have you had him meet Magneto , Collosus or Wolvie,?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also what do you think of a satire mascot issue: Alfred. E , Slyvester , Obnoxio Clown, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, failing that, Obnoxio vs. Harley Quinn?

      Delete
  7. Obnoxio vs. Lobo, then hopefully we'd be rid of at least one of them
    Or, failing that, a competition between Obnoxio and 'Clonezone the Hilariator' (from Nexus).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about that possibility, Lobo is the sort of mass-murderer who easily could be on Nexus's target-list... and Nexus's energy blasts, drawing as they do on nuclear fusion in stars, are an attack that could permanently kill Lobo. As one version of Superman points out in the 'Injustice' comic when he threatens to throw Lobo into the sun, being able to regenerate fully from just a single drop of blood doesn't matter if there isn't even a single drop of blood left...

      Delete
  8. Hey! That'd be a great tag-team-up in itself! Nexus and Harley Quinn vs. Lobo and Obnoxio. Simreeve?

    You're a genius. :-)

    ReplyDelete