Monday, August 24, 2026

Mary Marvel and Typhoid Mary

 

Despite sharing a first name, these two could not be more different from one another.  It would be fun to see them face off, with their clashing styles.

14 comments:

  1. Hard to see Mary being much of a threat for Mary, though. I guess a creative writer could manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding Thursday’s cover, maybe Speed Racer could team up with Captain Planet against Largo Sludge and Sly Sludge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Largo Sludge was a villain in The New Adventures of Speed Racer.

      Delete
  3. I was excited to see your pair up this morning. Two characters that always intrigued me when they made their appearances. I thought the art styles would be jarring but the actually blend really nicely with each other. Is. Rather not see a JRJR Mary Marvel or a Marc Swayze Typhoid Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ross: I'd gladly throw down sixty cents to witness the winner of this "Mary" little catfight.

      @Jack_Acid: How about Spider-man and MaryJane Marvel?

      MJ: "Shazam!"

      BADABOOM!

      (Peter, speechless with shock.)

      MJ (in red mini-dress with white & gold cape): "Face it, tiger. You just hit the jackpot."

      Delete
    2. to Carycomic _ That's marvelous idea!
      H'mm, IIRC the Marvel has a villainess code-named Jackpot: How about a clash between her and the Bronze Tiger? ("Face it; Jackpot. You just hit the Tiger.")

      Unrelated team-up suggestion: Alpha [Flight] and Omega [Men[]

      Delete
    3. @Simreeve: 1) Which version of Jackpot; Alana or Sara?

      2) I'd rather see one of them receive that line from Mr. Talky Tawny.

      3) Excellent! I love the sci-fi symmetry in those names.

      Delete
    4. @ Carycomic_
      1. I don't know enough about them to say.
      2. You're right, that's a better idea.
      3. Thank you.

      Unconnected thought re Mr Tawny _ It's a pity that he didn't accompany Captain Marvel when the latter joined the Justice League after 'Legends'. Back then Animal Man could only borrow abilities from nearby animals, but presumably Mr. Tawny would have counted for that so Buddy would often have been able to use a tiger's strength & so on...

      Delete
  4. Mikeydestasio@gmail.comAugust 24, 2026 at 9:45 AM

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disney would love this!! Cue the Spider-Verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how different they would be would depend on their personalities. Typhoid has shown at least 2 other personalities (Weapon X series and Marvel Comics Presents series) and if Marvel has her Darkseid personality (from the Countdown series) it may not be that different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might even be easier for Ross to have Typhoid team up with the Black Mary Marvel from DC Earth 3!

      Delete
    2. I'd rather see Mary Marvel take on Mr. Universe. I mean, he's already taken on Carol Danvers (the original Ms. Marvel) as part of the Avengers @ STF #4900. And about twenty issues before that, he took on Kree Capt. Marvel as well as Firestorm!

      Delete
  7. Failing that, I'd settle for the android Capt. Marvel joining one of the Robo Forces. If only to see if they'd just tell him to "Split!"

    ReplyDelete