Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Blackhawk and The Human Torch

 

It's about time that Blackhawk me some other high-flying heroes from World War II.  let's just hope that he can keep his balance up there!

16 comments:

  1. Still waiting on that Blackhawk theatrical movie. ⏳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Div: you'd probably be better off trying to find the full-length remastering of the original b/w 1940's movie serial on Youtube.

      Delete
  2. @ Ross: magnificently panoramic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that the last couple days, the filename of the image changed from the issue number (e.g. 5226.jpg) to something more random-looking (image1785750858.jpg). Is that a mistake, or how it will be, going forward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew Bill Ward did work other than his famous adult work with Torchy, I was wondering is the Blackhawk a splash page or from a cover?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Splash if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's kind of the thing, isn't it? Timely (Marvel) didn't have that much in the way of flying heroes during World War II -- not like National (DC), Fawcett, and others.

    Meanwhile, I hope Bart has another hat, because if what he's standing on is in motion this one's going bye-bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only two I know of were Perry Wade (swashbuckling flyer of the Silver Streak*); and Captain Terror (red-masked-and garbed veteran of the Spanish Civil War). Pre-FF Ben Grimm was only canonical as a WWII-era fighter pilot during the first three or four real-world decades of the Fantastic Four! After the God-Emperor Doom story arc, all that changed. Sliding time scale of ten years maximum...or something like that.

      *Not to be confused with Lev Gleason's resident crime-fighting android.

      Delete
    2. Do I presume correctly that that Captain Terror flew for the Republicans rather than for the Nationalists?
      How about a team-up between him and DC's ghostly pirate Captain Fear, whose sympathies probably would also have been that way round?

      Delete
  7. Blackhawk and Black Condor (plus Black Bolt?) is next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of a male version of Ross' "Black Beauties"?

      Delete
    2. See STF #299.

      Delete
  8. Good luck. How about crossing over a classic romance comic character from the 1970s with the 1990s sitcom Friends, or maybe Shang-Chi (Marvel) meets Hands of the Dragon (Atlas/Seaboard)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, failing that, how about Shang-Chi vs. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi?

      Delete
    2. I'd rather have Captain Planet meet Prince Planet.

      Delete
  9. Nice to see Blackhawk back again. See tomorrow's comment about tofday's co-star!!

    ReplyDelete